Monday, June 24, 2013

Renegade Prep

My pal Kaye Blegvad (of Datter Industries jewelry fame) emailed me a couple months ago to ask if I'd like to take an epic California trip in July, make a ton of money, and tax deduct the whole thing. I immediately said yes, of course, and now I'm sort of regretting it (but feeling a lot of anxious excitement too). So, I'll be at Renegade Craft Fair in Los Angeles on July 20-21 and San Francisco on July 27-28. Kaye and I are sharing a booth, so stop by and say hi (and maybe buy something because I've gone completely broke preparing for this)!

I'm spending a lot of time gazing up at my Napkin pom banner for inspiration. I've never make this much product before, everything in my shop is made to order or in very small runs, and my anxiety (and workload) is insane right now. Have any of you done Renegade before? Have any advice? I need it!

6 comments:

  1. I just discover your work and I really love what you do. I hope your trip goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things look so satisfying when you see them in bigger quantities though, and you can feel all proud of yourself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done it but really want to do it as it will be coming to London this November!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoo boy, what have I gotten us into! Seriously tho this all looks amazing, better open an extra-large bank account in preparation

    ReplyDelete
  5. the stress of it may seem daunting but i am confident you are up for the challenge.. and it will be an incredible personal victory when it's all done!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing craft shows is always a gamble. You never know exactly what your customers will be attracted to! I am always so happy to have stock left over though - it's nice to have back up for etsy sales, more shows, etc. I just got home from Renegade Brooklyn and it was wonderful! Really good people and they are going to love you. See you in LA :)

    ReplyDelete